The Alberta Association of Private Investigators – Who are we?
The Alberta Association of Private Investigators (AAPI) is an Alberta non-profit corporation founded in 1996, whose purpose is to represent and serve the interests of the licensed private investigator industry in Alberta. All officers and directors are elected volunteers, their principle careers are as professional licensed Private Investigators and Security Consultants in the Province of Alberta.
Activities of the AAPI:
- Representation to the Solicitor General office, the regulators of private investigators in Alberta.
- Maintains www.aapionline.ca to keep the industry informed about developments which may affect private investigators.
- Representation to federal regulators in connection with privacy legislation.
- Securing discounts and packages from suppliers of goods and services required by the Private Investigation and Security Consulting industry.
- Facilitate informational/professional development seminars, conferences and meetings which afford an opportunity for networking within the industry.
- Membership in the Alberta Association of Private Investigators shows a commitment to professionalism, service and continued development of the industry.
Benefits of AAPI Membership:
- Membership in the AAPI and adherence to its Code of Ethics and Privacy is an integral part of obtaining "Investigative Body Status" under PIPEDA.
- Provincial and Federal representation.
- AAPI Members enjoy preferred rates for a number of services and supplies offered by corporate sponsors (e.g. window tinting, radio supplies, car rental and hotels).
- Access to expert industry experienced legal advice.
- Corporate Members receive reduced insurance fees.
- Peer support, information sharing and seminars/conferences.